As blockchain technology is being used in several industries, several people might know what blockchain is. Blockchain is considered to be a public ledger that is used to store transactions. All the transactions that happen will be recorded on the public ledger. Blockchain Explorer comes into the picture when the question of viewing these transactions arises. It is the simplest way to view these blockchain transactions.
A blockchain explorer is known to be an online browser for blockchain that displays all the details of transactions that have taken place in a blockchain network. Block explorers are available for bitcoins as well as many altcoins. People trading bitcoins have to be vigilant about market changes. Taking the help of an automated platform can be a relief and the platform will monitor the market 24×7. Check the Biticodes Erfahrungen 2023 blog to find out more about automated trading platforms. While some of them are used on multiple networks, the rest can be used only for particular blockchains. For example, a bitcoin block explorer will be able to derive information only from bitcoin networks.
What are the Uses of a Blockchain Explorer?
As we discussed above, a blockchain explorer helps to track all the activities on a blockchain. They can be used to find the status of a transaction that is pending on the blockchain or to view the balance amount left in their crypto wallet. They can also help to
- Check the history of the given wallet address. This data will also include all the transactions from and to that wallet address.
- Find the address changes that can be considered as transaction outputs that will help the spender to get back the coins to avoid spending more input value in the form of transaction fees.
- See the blocks not attached to the chief blockchain. The parent blockchain of these blocks will be unknown. They are also known as orphaned blocks.
- View the biggest transaction that occurred in the last 24 hours.
- Find the number of transactions that were double-spent on a blockchain.
- Identify the person or mining pool that was behind the mining of a particular block.
- Find the first block or genesis block that was mined on a specific chain.
- Discover all the information particular about a given blockchain. This may include hash rate, average transaction amount, the complexity of mining, etc.
Some blockchain explorers offer advanced utilities too. However, they are mostly used by companies building ultra-modern software to find criminal activities or to predict the prices of cryptocurrencies.
What is the working Method of Blockchain Explorers?
In simple terms, a blockchain explorer can be regarded as a search engine for blockchains. They help users to find all the information related to a particular blockchain. As mentioned above, all the details of the transactions and other information of a crypto wallet can be explored with the help of a blockchain explorer. Technically, here are the steps a blockchain explorer follows to find this information.
- They use SQL databases, APIs, and blockchain nodes to fetch data from the blockchain networks.
- The blockchain explorer’s software will arrange this data into a database and provide it in a format that can be easily viewed while searching.
- The blockchain explorer will carry out the searches using the arranged table as per the demand of the user via a simple UI used by people for searching.
- The server of the explorer will create a web page to connect with the users.
- The explorer also has an API to interact with the rest of the computers.
- Users’ search requests will be sent to the explorer’s backend server and then acknowledged by the UI.
- At last, the API and UI send the derived web pages to the browser of the user in HTML format. Thus, the results will be in a readable format.